Corona Virus Policy
VIRGINIA MEDICAID – CORONA VIRUS (Covid 19) Updates
Dear Caregivers/ Clients/ Family Members and Friends of Our Clients:
Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by this global health crisis. We sincerely thank all our caregivers for making it possible to continue serving our clients safely, and we assure you that our commitment to the safety and wellbeing of clients and caregivers remain our top priority. As we closely monitor the current situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are doing all that we can to ensure that our clients continue to receive the care that they need through this time of uncertainty. The agency will remain open and will be available to answer all of your questions and/or concerns as they arise. We appreciate our caregivers’ efforts to prevent the spread of this virus and would like to remind everyone of the following precautions, as recommended by the CDC:
CAREGIVERS, PLEASE READ:
- Avoid being in close contact with sick people and do not go out if you are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unclean hands
- Cover sneezes and coughs with tissues and dispose of tissues in a lined trash can
- Disinfect surfaces regularly
- Avoid public gatherings and practice social distancing at least 6 feet apart
- Practice good hand hygiene which includes washing your hands with soap for 20 seconds when hands are visibly soiled
- Using hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol if you have no access to after and soap, and if your hands are not visibly soiled.
- Seek medical attention for any new symptoms that include fever with respiratory distress/coughing, as these are the primary symptoms for COVID-19
- Caregivers are expected to maintain standard precautions at all times and to refrain from going to work if displaying any signs of illness or if they have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- It is advised to wear personal protective equipment (gloves, mask) around anyone who is considered to be at high risk from complications of COVID-19
Note: At this time, we are expediting the hiring process for family members and the client referred caregivers to sign up with the agency to become paid caregivers for their family members through the Medicaid Waiver.
It is important to keep ourselves well informed on taking the proper precautionary measures and knowing the latest about COVID-19. Listed below are reliable websites that you can check to keep yourself updated:
To obtain the most current information, please visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov.